[mythtv-users] Web / catchup tv, iview XBMC?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 08:24:41 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Matt Boyd <mattslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi people,
> I'm a longtime mythtv user with a combined backend/frontend connected
> to my TV in the lounge.
> About a year ago I bought and appletv2 and I've been using that
> (jailbroken with XBMC installed) to access most of the media on my
> mythbox from a 2nd tv.
> One of the things that I find really handy with XBMC are the plugins
> that let me watch various catch up tv services (ABC iview in
> Australia, etc). I'd like to get those on the combined
> backend/frontend. Has anyone set up a simple way to switch between
> XBMC and myth

copy library.xml from /usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/library.xml to
~/.mythtv

add a stanza to the ~/.mythtv/library.xml file as follows with your editor:

 <button>
                <type>XBMC</type>
                <text>XBMC</text>
                <description>Launch XBMC</description>
                <action>EXEC /usr/bin/xbmc</action>
        </button>

Simply use the myth menuing system to go to XBMC. Exit XBMC and you are
back to myth.