[mythtv-users] 0.25.3: 0-Byte recordings, how to fix?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Nov 17 10:01:00 UTC 2012

On 17/11/12 09:20, cvb at kruemel.org wrote:
> Hi John, all:

>>> Using this option, I can only turn off active EIT for both tuners,
>>> right?
>> Wrong: there should be a separate page for each tuner...
>
> That is interesting... Is there any way how I can set this up correctly?
> I have configured one tuner with up to 2 simultaneous recordings.

At the tuner identification stage you should be able to select a second
adapter from a drop-down list.  Set it up like the other one.  You may
find that one of them will work in an active scan, perhaps not both.

My system still has tuner ident problems and I'm reluctant to fiddle
with that part of the setup without good reason, but this may only
affect Fedora-based boxes.  If you can't identify another tuner see

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10830#comment:13

>>> In any case, I disabled active EIT scanning to see if that helps. This
>>> morning, I had 15 0-byte recordings, none succeeded...
>> But it doesn't sound like the cause, for you.
>
> Oh, it appears it is! Since I have disabled active EIT scanning, I have
> not yet had any further 0-Byte recording. The issue is, of course, that
> my TV guide data is suffering. Is there any way to triger an active EIT
> scan from command line at a certain time?

During recording you should get a passive scan of that mux, so you could
try scheduling recordings just to get the data; but try active on just
one tuner first.

HTH

John P