[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Time Check Routine.

Raymond Boettcher raymondboettcher at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 06:55:08 UTC 2012

ntpdate is what I use to use a while back when I was in Slackware 10.2.  Then when I went to Slackware 13.1 i read that ntpdate is going to be retired and that everyone should use ntpd -q to set the clock.  Since that point everything usually goes correctly but in one instance one of the MythTV clients was off when Daylight Savings time occurred.  So when the system came back up it didn't adjust for daylight savings time and ntpd -q didn't set the clock because of the large skew.  I went to BIOS and fixed the clock and when it started up again ntpd -q fixed the minor difference in time without issue and mythtv was happy again.

Raymond Boettcher