[mythtv-users] OK, how is the general perception of 0.26? Anyone running it with a PVR-350 or similar

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 14:55:18 UTC 2012

On Sunday 18 Nov 2012 09:30:54 Larry Roberts wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm being bit by the ivtv/0.25.3 race condition bug that causes the ivtv
> driver to unload.  I'm considering upgrading to 0.26 but I wanted to see
> what the general perception of 0.26 is.
>
> I use mythtv with only most basic features.  I  have a dedicated
> mythbackend that schedules and records.  My kids use mythweb to watch
> the videos they want and I use the mythlink contributor script to export
> links to the recordings in a more human feedback.
>
> Thats really it.  I have a PVR-350 for recording and I'm controlling a
> comcast DTA box.  The only "extra" stuff I had to do was unload the
> standard lirc and load the KMDL version.
>
> I suspect that I'm being a bit paranoid and that its quite stable,
> especially for what I want to do but I thought I would ask first.  I
> just upgraded from 0.24 less than a month ago because of a rebuild of
> the box and I'm only looking now because of the recording bug I'm hitting.

Personally, I recently upgraded from 0.24 to 0.26 and I wish I'd stayed on 0.24. Some of the issues I'm having might be kernel related (I upgraded my entire distribution at the same time) but my new setup just doesn't seem to work as well as 0.24 did for me, in particular I'm having sync and performance issues with videos that played perfectly in 0.24. I'm actually considering at the moment just biting the bullet and reinstalling the previous distro.

Mark