[mythtv-users] Web / catchup tv, iview XBMC?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon Nov 19 08:01:32 UTC 2012

On 18.11.2012 23:12, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> I'd love to see that however it looks like the python plugin that XBMC
> uses has received a take down notice from the ABC :(

IANAL but it says "allows users to permanently download and store ...
and to play in back ... in other media players" and "appears to
circumvent DRM"... Looks more like they don't like the implementation
due to breaking their TOS and not obeying the depublication rules.

Sounds like an integration that just embeds *their* flash player with
direct linking might be ok. (No idea if you can link to individual
shows and have them automatically play)

But one can always go crazy and *just ask them* :-)

Regards,
Karl