[mythtv-users] Setting up a new backend from scratch

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:48:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Nope, same problem. Just keeps on looping back to the first screen.
>
> Harry

Please don't top post

Clear out (or check) all the config.xml and mysql.txt files in /etc/mythtv,
~user/.mythtv and ~mythtv/.mythtv

When you set up the backend on your former frontend only machine a new
random password will have been generated by the package mythtv-common. If
you didn't note this password, you can reset it by running sudo
dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-common and either chooing your own or letting it
create another random one.