[mythtv-users] What major features are planned for 0.27?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Nov 19 22:20:10 UTC 2012

On 12-11-19 05:12 PM, Neil Salstrom wrote:

> I'd just like rock solid DVD playback

What's a DVD?  :-)

> (both physical disk and .iso).
> I have so many that skip around in the menus or simply crash back to
> the front end before anything happens.

But yeah.

> All the disks I've tried play
> back flawlessly in all other players (VLC, xine, Totem, XBMC, etc) but
> only have problems with MythTV.

Surely something's got to be learnable from those other projects.

Or instead... I keep hearing about XBMC (I have looked briefly but given
that playback from MythBE is my primary goal, by a long, long shot, not
really suitable).

I have to ask whether it's time for the folks interested in coding the
frontend bits to give up on the Myth frontend as it's own stand-alone
app (along with all of it's failing bits) and instead take the
working-really-well bits and provide XBMC with first class Myth playback
capabilities.

I'm sure this suggestion will raise much ire.

b.