[mythtv-users] Setting up a new backend from scratch

Harry%20Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 19 22:28:27 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion about MythTV" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 4:48:35 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Setting up a new backend from scratch

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Harry Devine < lifter89 at comcast.net > wrote:

Nope, same problem. Just keeps on looping back to the first screen.

Harry

Please don't top post

Clear out (or check) all the config.xml and mysql.txt files in /etc/mythtv, ~user/.mythtv and ~mythtv/.mythtv

When you set up the backend on your former frontend only machine a new random password will have been generated by the package mythtv-common. If you didn't note this password, you can reset it by running sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-common and either chooing your own or letting it create another random one.