[mythtv-users] Setting up a new backend from scratch

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 23:04:22 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Harry%20Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net>wrote:

> ------------------------------

Check what interface mysql is running on. sudo netstat -tanp|grep 3306

If it is listening on 127.0.0.1 then sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
and answer "yes" to whether other computers will connect. Then make sure
all the rest of your setup is using the lan ip address (probably
192.168.x.x) of the backend, not 127.0.0.1.

You need this in the screen that has the database details, and then once
you start mythtv-setup there are two places in the first page under
"General".