[mythtv-users] What major features are planned for 0.27?

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 23:55:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Richard <peper03 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've been looking at some of the DVD code recently.
>
> I submitted a patch last week (http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11233) to
> fix jerky playback in menus, which has been accepted and applied to
> 0.25-fixes upwards.
>
> Likewise a patch to fix changing angles (won't affect too many people but it
> was a feature that didn't work).
>
> I've got one or two other areas of DVD playback I want to look at as I too
> have various DVDs that don't play nicely/cleanly.
>
> I can't give any promises or estimates as tracking down the causes is quite
> time-consuming and fixing problems can be as simple as changing a couple of
> lines (not a big deal) to having to change part of the architecture
> (potentially a big deal).
>
> I'm also not a myth-dev, just an unaffiliated-dev :)  So that means I can
> only create a patch and submit it with a ticket.  It's up to one of the
> myth-devs to find the time to review, (hopefully) accept and apply it.
>
> Richard.

Now that you mention it, I did see that addition and updated my system
for that.  For disks that play but had stuttering, A Christmas Story
was the worse (at the Warner Brother's logo at the beginning).  The
patch seemed to smooth that out a bit but it did stutter briefly just
before going to the main menu.

I agree that the issues we see probably are due to either poorly
mastered DVD's (as I believe are the case in the workout DVD's my wife
has) or due to the attempts at out of standard errors to aggravate the
consumer (I mean protect the content from ever being pirated).

At any rate Richard, thanks for the patch and your help!  Maybe you
should be come an Official MythTV Dev =)