[mythtv-users] What major features are planned for 0.27?

Richard peper03 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 10:54:52 UTC 2012

On 20/11/12 00:15, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Richard <peper03 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I've got one or two other areas of DVD playback I want to look at as I too
>> have various DVDs that don't play nicely/cleanly.
>>

> Some of the problems are due to out of standard errrors deliberately placed
> on the disk by media companies (eg Disney) in order to stop us linux users
> from seeing their crappy movies.

I think there was a thread here a while ago discussing something along
these lines.

Do you or anyone else have any links to overviews (or more detailed) of
what approaches are used?  I'm not interested in circumventing
copy-protection but if it's a case of 'we'll make this sector bad then
add DVD code to avoid that sector' and Myth is still hitting that
sector, I would venture it's a problem of Myth not following the
instructions on the DVD.  Fixing that is not circumventing
copy-protection, it's making Myth do what the DVD says it should.

Whether it's an easy fix is another matter :)

Richard.