[mythtv-users] What major features are planned for 0.27?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Nov 20 12:15:45 UTC 2012

On 12-11-20 04:58 AM, Richard wrote:

> I've not looked at XBMC but in general I would say that transplanting
> any given feature from Program X into Program Y is not going to work
> because the underlying architectures are almost certainly going to be
> different.

Of course (as any developer would have understood) I am not talking
about taking code directly from one project to another.  Of course I am
only talking about taking a general development approach and most
importantly, experience, from one project to another.

> The approach may be the same but the implementation will be
> different.

Of course.  I had assumed everyone else assumed that also.

> Then you spend either a huge amount of time adapting the
> code

No adapting code.  As I mention above.

> Maybe it's because I've never used XBMC so I can't compare it, but, as
> for you, my main concern is the ability to record TV and play those
> recordings back.  I have very few issues with the frontend in that respect.

I think the gripe that this whole thread is about is DVD playback.

b.