[mythtv-users] Endless log entries

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Nov 20 12:33:38 UTC 2012

On 20/11/12 07:14, troy at i2bnetworks.com wrote:
> After upgrading from mythbuntu 10.10, to 12.04 and doing all the updates my
> myth primary backend has been not stable. The latest thing to pop up is an
> endless list of log entries with the following:
>
> AutoExpire: CalcParams(): Max required Free Space: 34359738369.0 GB w/freq:
> 3 min
>
> Any idea what this is? That is a large amount of disk space that is far
> above my 40TB of storage I have.

That almost certainly has to be integer overflow, probably caused by the 40TB
total storage you have. I can't do the math but I presume it is some kind of
mis-displayed negative figure.

I can't help thinking that isn't going to do the calculations that accurately,
either. I would be wary, perhaps it might start deleting things off when it
thinks you have more space than you actually have but can't find somewhere to
put the recording?

--

Mike Perkins