[mythtv-users] How to setup Harmony remote and HP IR receiver?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Tue Nov 20 12:46:23 UTC 2012

2012/11/20 Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com>:
> I have just bought one of these "HP" infrared receivers off eBay -
> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/75577722/HP-usb.jpg. What I know so far is
> that it's an OEM device and the real manufacturer is Fintek.

<SNIP>

> I've seen reports of these working but can't work out how to get it working
> with my Harmony 600 remote.

The receiver is a MCE-receiver meaning that you'll need to tell your
Harmony remote that you want to control a Microsoft mediacenter PC.
You need to select something like
Component: "Computer/Mediacenter"
Manufacturer: "Microsoft"
Model: "Windows Media Center"

..in the Harmony configuration software. Afterwards you should be able
to run the "irw" command on your frontend, and see the keypresses when
you click on the Harmony remote.

Best regards
Kenni