[mythtv-users] Double logging?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 16:52:08 UTC 2012

On 11/20/2012 01:45 AM, DaveD wrote:
> I'm running Fedora 17, MythTV version v0.25.2-15-g46cab93.  I don't know how to figure out what build options were used to build the package.  I
> did
>
> #> mythbackend --help
>
> and it says (amongst other things)
>
> --syslog        Set the syslog logging facility.
>                Set to "none" to disable, defaults to none.
>

> So, why is it not defaulting to "none"?

Don't know. In your startup script (that HP-mini referred to in another post)
you could add --syslog none. The ps you ran, and had --logpath in it explains
why you see logs under /var/log/mythtv/program.timestamp.pid.log. It doesn't
explain the syslog messages unless your distribution truncated the output of
the ps command I suggested. You could try: ps f -eo user,args|grep myth|grep -v grep
to see if there's more.

The default to none was added in commit e4243c6 in July 2011. You're running on
a commit that was released in July of 2012, so you shouldn't have to do that.

--
Bill