[mythtv-users] What major features are planned for 0.27?

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Nov 20 20:07:31 UTC 2012

> You can absolutely look at the differences between the various programs
> to try to work out why something works with this program but not with
> that program but finding that reason amongst all the other differences
> is often anything but trivial.  That's the point I was trying to make.
> Just because something works great in Program X doesn't mean you can
> easily find why and apply that to Program Y.
>

> > I think the gripe that this whole thread is about is DVD playback.
>
> But you were the one who suggested (hypothetically or not) development
> of MythFrontend should perhaps stop in favour of taking the
> working-really-well bits to XBMC.  I merely meant that I don't see the
> point of stopping development of the frontend just because DVD playback
> isn't as good as it could be.
>
> It's definitely got some problems with DVD playback, which is why I
> started looking at the code and submitting patches.  I've only been
> looking at the code for about a week, so I don't claim to understand how
> everything works (far from it!) but my gut feeling is that a few
> judicious bugfixes could clear up a lot of problems.  I may be proved
> wrong, but I'm willing to have a go.

Thanks very much for your menu stutter patch..

The age/versions of libdvdnav & libdvdread could have a lot to do with
peoples DVD problems. Could also explain why some other app have no
problem with same DVD (if statically linked to later ver).

HandBrake (IMO) has the best DVD handling, one of the developers has a
lot of involvement in libdvdread/nav.