[mythtv-users] How to setup Harmony remote and HP IR receiver?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 07:50:33 UTC 2012

> What am I missing here?

> You need to put your remote definition in the hardware file and each of
> the codes you obtained with irw for all the key press. This will map the ir
> signals to keys.
>
> Last you need lircrc file in .mythtv to map the keys to actions in mythtv.
> You can do the same for mplayer, vlc etc.
>
> Im on my way home now and i can send you my files as example if you want.

That would be brilliant if you could please share them. However, I should
point out that lirc is running and I have the following
/etc/lirc/hardware.conf and /etc/lirc/lircd.conf files and yet irw still
does not respond at all.

hardware.conf:
---------------------
# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#
#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes (all)"
REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev mceusb"
REMOTE_DRIVER=""
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="lircd.conf.mceusb"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Chosen IR Transmitter
TRANSMITTER="None"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE=""
TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Enable lircd
START_LIRCD="true"

#Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
#START_LIRCMD="false"

#Try to load appropriate kernel modules
LOAD_MODULES="true"

# Default configuration files for your hardware if any
LIRCMD_CONF=""

#Forcing noninteractive reconfiguration
#If lirc is to be reconfigured by an external application
#that doesn't have a debconf frontend available, the noninteractive
#frontend can be invoked and set to parse REMOTE and TRANSMITTER
#It will then populate all other variables without any user input
#If you would like to configure lirc via standard methods, be sure
#to leave this set to "false"
FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"
START_LIRCMD=""

lircd.conf:
I'm using the lircd.conf.mceusb file from /usr/share/lirc/remotes/mceusb/.
This seems to have multiple remote definitions in it - is it OK to use it
as-is with all those remotes defined in it?