[mythtv-users] Double logging?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 08:10:00 UTC 2012

On 11/21/2012 11:00 PM, DaveD wrote:
> ExecStart=/usr/bin/mythbackend --logpath /var/log/mythtv
>
> As the ps output revealed, it is being started WITHOUT --syslog.
>
> Anyone know of a build option that can cause this?

Hi;

But, take a look at:

   http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Systemd_mythbackend_Configuration

Especially these 3 lines:

     # Systemd sends stdout to syslog, and mythbackend has console logging enabled without --daemon.
     # Send stdout to /dev/null so console logging doesn't go to syslog
     StandardOutput=null

I'm a *buntu person, but it looks like what you're talking about. I suspect using --quiet
on the command line would also work. In other words, stop sending to stdio so redirection
to /dev/null isn't needed.

--
Bill