[mythtv-users] [0.26] Mythvideo Jump Ahead does not always work

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Thu Nov 22 10:22:48 UTC 2012

On 21/11/2012 12:39, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Eventually, I'll unroll all the "overloaded" key bindings (those where
> rather than add a new action for a new action we just reused an
> unrelated action) so that users can define each action specifically (but
> those who want can just map the action to the unrelated binding).  I
> have the plan for how to do it, but just need to make the time.

That will be great, many thanks for this and I will look forward to it
in the future. I too would like to be able to jump forward/back 10
minutes while watching DVDs, ignoring chapter marks.

Another obvious candidate would be to unmap cursor up/down in Live TV,
which currently changes channel. My remote already has channel up/down
buttons, and on the rare occasions I watch Live TV it would be good to
be able to skip back/forward 10 minutes with the usual cursor up/down keys.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T