[mythtv-users] mythtv-common-0.26.0-1.fc17.x86_64 giving errors in abrt daemon on startup

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 21:21:19 UTC 2012

On 11/22/2012 02:42 PM, Jerry wrote:
 > /usr/bin/mythlogserver --daemon --verbose general --logpath /var/log/mythtv --loglevel info
> Process /usr/bin/mythlogserver was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
>
> So there seems to be a segmentation violation, but then something starts it
> over again.  I killed the process that was running and restarted it using
> the same syntax without abrtd complaining.  Is there a way I can more
> closely watch mythlogserver?

There's an open ticket here:

   http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11043

and it refers to a similar one.

To prove your segv is the same, you'd need a backtrace
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Basic_backtrace.

Also, the logserver is started by other MythTV programs. It goes
away automatically after 5 minutes if nothing is using it.

--
Bill