[mythtv-users] Netflix

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 19:06:11 UTC 2012

On Nov 24, 2012 12:47 AM, "Raymond Boettcher" <raymondboettcher at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> That is awesome! I've been using one of those IR Keyboards with a $12
learning TV controller from wal-mart to transfer all the keys to the
remote. This allows me to navigate even in stupid places like LILO/Grub or
BIOS.

I didn't realise until my son did it the other day that the sapphire worked
in Grub.

> But my method has issues because auto-repeat generally doesn't work right
and if the signal to the sensor isn't clear enough the button will get
"stuck down" in auto repeat mode because the IR Keyboard Sensor never got
the KEY_UP IR Event. I was going to disable auto-repeat because it has done
that with the volume key and ends up blasting out my livingroom in like 5
seconds. I have learned to make sure the remote is pointing directly at the
sensor before pressing keys because of this.

> Usually I pay $30 just for the IR Keyboard with Sensor and then $12 more
at wal-mart for a cheap learning remote. The benefit is I have a full
keyboard that uses the same sensor as my TV Controller but this method
sounds better tweaked. They should take the IR Sensor out of its housing
and make it plugin to an internal USB Port on the motherboard and fit in
the 3 1/2" floppy bay or something (cause you know, I use my floppy drive
all the time these days, LOL!)

> Raymond Boettcher
>
> Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

would involve setting it's keymap to something firefox/silverlight
understands when you start netflix and back to a myth keymap when you close
it off. (I have a sapphire remote which makes it easy to change keymaps via
a script http://rtr.ca/sapphire_remote/ ).