[mythtv-users] MythTV deciding to stop recording with Program "not found in PAT" error

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Nov 25 09:14:17 UTC 2012

On 25/11/12 06:56, Brett Randall wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com
> <mailto:nick.rout at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Brett Randall
>     <brett.randall at gmail.com <mailto:brett.randall at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>         On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 11:42 PM, John Pilkington
>         <J.Pilk at tesco.net <mailto:J.Pilk at tesco.net>> wrote:
>
>             On 23/11/12 12:02, Mike Perkins wrote:
>
>                 On 23/11/12 10:37, Brett Randall wrote:
>
>                     Hi all
>
>                     I've been running MythTV (under Mythbuntu 12.04.1
>                     LTS) as my media centre
>                     for the last year and, other than the occasional
>                     hiccup, it's been great
>                     and my family has loved it. I originally installed
>                     0.24 but a few months
>                     ago upgraded to 0.25. It remained stable after doing so.
>
>                     However, this last couple of weeks, it has lost the
>                     plot. In typical Myth
>                     fashion, the more I try to fix it with software
>                     updates, firmware
>                     changes,
>                     etc, the worse it gets. The version I'm currently
>                     running (from a Ubuntu
>                     package) is 0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-__0ubuntu1.
>
>                     The last few days, as soon as a particular program
>                     comes on ("Finley the
>                     Fire Engine" - NO it is not for me ;-) ), Myth
>                     freaks out with a PAT
>                     error
>                     and no longer records anything until I restart the
>                     backend process
>                     (normally having to use "kill -9" to stop it). The
>                     exact log entries are:

>                     Nov 23 06:25:48 myth mythbackend[11231]: E DVBRead
>                     dtvsignalmonitor.cpp:321
>                     (HandlePAT) DTVSM(/dev/dvb/adapter0/__frontend0):
>                     Program #2370 not
>                     found in
>                     PAT!#012Program Association Section#012 PSIP
>                     tableID(0x0) length(41)
>                     extension(0x221)#012      version(16) current(1)
>                     section(0)
>                     last_section(0)#012      tsid(545)
>                     programCount(8)#012  program number
>                     0 has PID 0x0010#012  program number   544 has PID
>                     0x0102#012  program
>                     number   545 has PID 0x0100#012  program number
>                     546 has PID 0x0101#012
>                     program number   547 has PID 0x0103#012  program
>                     number   548 has PID
>                     0x0106#012  program number   550 has PID 0x0104#012
>                       program number   551
>                     has PID 0x0105
>
>                     Definitely value any advice in getting around this!
>
>                 This generally means that since you last scanned, the
>                 contents of the
>                 transport stream have changed. Either a channel which
>                 was thought to
>                 exist no longer does[1] or something extra has now appeared.
>
>                 Since the internal table of channels within the
>                 multiplex which mythtv
>                 builds now no longer corresponds to what it is
>                 receiving, it is telling
>                 you so. Of course, this also means that there may be
>                 errors trying to
> [...]

Is this a part-time channel?  I haven't seen a freeze such as you
report, but scheduling the first recording after startup will give me an
apparently blank recording which plays fine after a run through
mythcutprojectx with no cutlist.  Similar funnies on recording over
closedown.  You could check by delaying recording start,

In the UK this affects eg Cbeebies/BBC FOUR at 7 pm.

John