[mythtv-users] mythtv-common-0.26.0-1.fc17.x86_64 giving errors in abrt daemon on startup

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 15:44:35 UTC 2012

On 11/24/2012 05:23 PM, Jerry wrote:
> Mythbackend seems to be causing a crash in mythlogserver.  Is this
> something that can be tracked in a backtrace?  I'm not familiar with the
> process.

 From your earlier post, mythlogserver is taking the SEGV:

   [root at sirius ccpp-2012-11-22-15:30:49-2018]# more reason
   Process /usr/bin/mythlogserver was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)

My experience may be similar to yours, when the backend service is stopped,
the logserver SEGVs. But to prove that, the backtrace is required.

My personal choice for getting the backtrace in this situation is to
analyze the core file using suggestions here:

    http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Using_core_files

But I don't know how your distribution handles that. I use the command
ulimit -c unlimited in /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf just ahead of the
mythbackend ... command. Also the kernel.core_pattern etc. lines in the
link above.

--
Bill