[mythtv-users] Powerline ethernet

Daniel Di Giacomo lists at dadigi.com
Sun Nov 25 15:59:05 UTC 2012

Am 25.11.12 16:17, schrieb Daniel Frey:

> Definitely stay away from the slower 80mb/store models. Had them at
> one point and could barely watch SD content.
>
> The 200 or 500 are the way to go.  Also, some kits have a 4 port
> switch in them as well so could connect the single end to your router
> and 4 port switch to the myth fe, tv, bluray, etc. with only one
> endpoint. I know netgear makes ones with the 4 port switch in them,
> probably other vendors as well.

Blu-Ray-Rip-streaming (1080p) needs the 500Mbps-devices in my environment.
200Mbps-devices are ok for SD-content.
Perfomance depends on the local electric-wiring-setup.
A colleague hardly sees any difference between 200 and 500MBps-perfomance.
In my case the 500MBps-devices are comparable to a 100MBps-Ethernet-LAN
but with much higher latency (average ping time 2.5 ms)

--
Regards
Daniel