[mythtv-users] Fwd: MythTV 0.26 recordings exit with error 140

Al Heynneman heynnema at spamcop.net
Sun Nov 25 16:38:42 UTC 2012

*Anybody? Please, ideas?*

If was running 0.25 fine.

I upgraded to 0.26 and it was running fine.

I'm running on Ubuntu quantal, 12.10.

Then, all of a sudden, I started having issues with scheduled recordings
failing.

First thing that I noticed is that it seems to be actually recording,
but if I flip to watch recordings, the initial/beginning part no longer
shows up in the list of recorded/recording titles. In the past, I could
watch a recording in process, and that way, only use one tuner, instead
of two, and save some bandwidth.

Second I noticed that the past recording list showed that the failed
scheduled recording had been aborted. Not by me. This has happened a
number of times now, and it doesn't seem to be specific to any channel.
Apparently mythcommflag is exiting with error 140?

So, I disabled commercial removal by disabling mythcommflag in the
mythtv backend, thinking that if that's where it was failing, I'd live
with the stink'in commercials, as long as I got the recordings. That
didn't solve my problem either. Somehow it's failing during the
recording process, and then mythcommflag is barfing on the
bad/corrupted/whatever file that it's trying to process.

Any ideas anybody?

Cheers, Al

--
Al Heynneman