[mythtv-users] Can't delete from python userjob in 0.26

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 01:57:41 UTC 2012

On 11/25/2012 07:27 PM, phipps-hutton at sky.com wrote:

> I have this in a userjob:
>
> from MythTV import MythDB, Job, Recorded, findfile, MythLog
> rec = Recorded((chanid, starttime), db=db)
> rec.delete()
>
> In 0.25 this worked fine, the recording got put in the Deleted recording group and was soon removed. With 0.26 the recording is left in the
> original recording group. Am I doing something wrong?

I know this much works. Could you be getting tripped up with the starttime and UTC.
The starttime below was in localtime, the filename was chanid+utc+.mpg.

   #!/usr/bin/env python

   from MythTV import MythDB, Recorded

   db=MythDB()

   rec = Recorded(('1021', '20121125180000'), db=db)

   rec.delete()

The above works for me. I checked the Delete group, it was there (0.27-pre.)

--
Bill