[mythtv-users] Australia : PS3 Remote $15.96 On Special (Dick Smith)

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 04:09:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Andrew Hughes <ahhughes at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://dicksmith.com.au/product/YG2303/ps3-blu-ray-remote
>
> Setup*:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sony_PS3_BD_Remote
>
> *from the link I also suggest you take the advice of fialso... " *I
> strongly recommend that you use this method*" - by fialso
> http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Setup_PS3_BD_Remote

Pros:

lots of buttons, all usable
bluetooth means you don't need line of sight
Now pretty cheap (although you will also need a BT dongle if it's not
already on your motherboard, but they can be got from dx.com for $2 or
something)

Cons:

heavyish on batteries
sometimes on my setup it seems to lose it's cool and you need to unplug and
replug the BT dongle - maybe it was TOO cheap :)
not all buttons entirely intuitive
one keymap for every application (important if you, eg, switch between myth
and xbmc)

Overall I was pretty happy with mine, but have switched to sapphire remotes
all round.