[mythtv-users] Can't delete from python userjob in 0.26

Tim Phipps phipps-hutton at sky.com
Mon Nov 26 12:47:30 UTC 2012

Quoting Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com>:

> I know this much works. Could you be getting tripped up with the
> starttime and UTC.
> The starttime below was in localtime, the filename was chanid+utc+.mpg.
>
>   #!/usr/bin/env python
>
>   from MythTV import MythDB, Recorded
>
>   db=MythDB()
>
>   rec = Recorded(('1021', '20121125180000'), db=db)
>
>   rec.delete()
>
> The above works for me. I checked the Delete group, it was there (0.27-pre.)

Very weird, I'm in the UK and it is definitely not summer time at the
moment but one programme in question has a starttime of 2012-11-25
21:01:00+01:00. That is not the UTC I was expecting (should be
20:01:00+00:00), it would be correct in the summer.

Anyway that may be a separate problem as rec.delete() does not work
even though the job access the file using rec.basename and
rec.storagegroup. It's just that rec.delete() is not working for me.

I though it may be due to running as a user job but it doesn't work
from the command line either. I'm happy to just move it to the Deleted
group if that means the same thing but I don't know how to do that
either.

Help,
Tim.