[mythtv-users] CoreContext dvbchannel.cpp:347 (CheckFrequency) DVBChan(23:/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0): Your frequency setting (10906000) is out of range. (min/max:950000/2150000)

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Tue Nov 27 13:41:01 UTC 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-noise_block_downconverter#Block_downconversion
>>> 10906000kHz is the received frequency which gets converted down to
>>> an intermediate frequency of 950000kHz-2150000kHz by the LNB.
>> Hi Karl
>>
>> thanks for the explanation.  Have I misconfigured something or should
>> just ignore that message?  The Hauppauge card is definitely DVB-S,
>> not -C or -T.
>>

>> thanks
>> Per
>>

>   I had this error message when I added a PCI based DVB-S2 card to a
> system with a USB DVB-T2 card. Occasionally at start up the kernel
> would swap the two card round causing myth to attempt to tune the
> terrestial card using satellite frequencies. Using UDEV rules to fix
> the ids sorted it - just a thought.

I did have that issue with the device numbering initially (I have two
Hauppauge and one other card), but I think I fixed that using
the "adapter_nr" module parameter.

Do you mind sharing your udev rules ?  I think I would prefer doing it
that way.

thanks
Per

--