[mythtv-users] Record sound using a BT848 card

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Nov 27 14:52:19 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Joe Henley <joehenley at kc.rr.com> wrote:
> But there is a problem with the IVTV drivers in Myth
> version I use (0.25.2) which results in random occurrences of tearing of the
> top 15 to 20% of the screen.  Lots of damage to the WAF.

Hmm, I didn't think the ivtv drivers were "in" MythTV.  They're
usually delivered separately as a Linux kernel module.

Anyway, you should be able to get the 848 to work.  Just attack the
problem scientifically and try to narrow down the source.  Is the 848
card actually producing audio?  Dig up a pair of computer speakers and
plug the audio line out from the 848 directly into the speakers.  Do
you hear anything when recording?

Eric