[mythtv-users] Record sound using a BT848 card

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Nov 27 18:04:30 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 04:27:06PM -0600, Joe Henley wrote:
> >You have an HD-PVR. Why not use that instead? I'm assuming from
> >the way you
> >wrote this that your requirement is a one-off/limited use ability,
> >so why not
> >just borrow the HD-PVR?
>
> Mike,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I need to make std def recordings for the
> older TV by the treadmill.  Often simultaneously with high def stuff
> (using the HD-PVR) for the family room TV.

     The older TV can display the higher res recordings. You just need
a sufficiently powerful frontend to handle the decoding. Any cheap ION
box is more than adequate for this.

     You really don't have to go to all of the trouble of replicating
Elgato's dual recording approach. MythTV can scale the high res stuff.