[mythtv-users] Record sound using a BT848 card

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Tue Nov 27 19:23:16 UTC 2012

Eric,
> That's a little unclear. Do you mean:
> I hear sound on live tv (when using the BT848) and I hear sound
> playing back recordings made from an HD-PVR..
Yes, you're right, it is unclear.  The one quoted above is what I meant.
> I'd recommend looking for something like a PVR-150/250/500 on ebay.
Yes, but see Nick Rout's comments immediately following your post.  He's
right.  The entire Hauppauge series has a problem right now.

And in your second post:
> Hmm, I didn't think the ivtv drivers were "in" MythTV. They're usually
> delivered separately as a Linux kernel module.
Yes, of course you're right; the drivers are in Fedora 16.  When I'm
ranting I often mis-attribute things.  ;-)
> Anyway, you should be able to get the 848 to work.
Yes, well, I agree I should be able to get it to work.  In fact, IIRC I
used to be able to do so.
> Just attack the problem scientifically and try to narrow down the source.
Yes that's a good point.  I should try that.

Joe Henley