[mythtv-users] Programming remote button bindings (WAS: What major features are planned for 0.27?)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 19:25:22 UTC 2012

Nick Rout wrote:

>>Have a look at this:
>>
>>http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104541
>>
>>Its' from the XBMC forum but it describes how to get a remote
>>working with the in-kernel mappings instead of LIRC. (Section 2.2).
>>It might just be a case that those buttons are not generating
>>anything and you need to install an appropriate configuration for
>>ir-keytable. If yours is an MCE remote then this will be the work
>>of a few minutes.
>

>This page is useful too:
>http://linhes.org/projects/linhes/wiki/Architecture_and_Customization

Now, I'm a bit wiser !
That linhes link in particular helps understand what bits are flying where !

So, it looks like I have an MCE remote, and it's working, *and* it's
producing codes for all keys when I use ir-keytable.

Michael T. Dean wrote:

BINGO !
ir-keytable tells me that all the keys I can't get to work have codes
greater than 0xff.

So I'm off to make a copy of the rc6_mce keymap and fix some of these.

--
Simon Hobson