[mythtv-users] Record sound using a BT848 card

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Nov 27 19:43:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Joe Henley <joehenley at kc.rr.com> wrote:
> Really?  The FE in question has a 2.4 GHz P4.  If I feed HD thru to the TV,
> it displays garbage.  Jumpy, torn, scrolling garbage image; sound is
> similar.  Do you know of a way to feed HD to a std def TV successfully?

You don't send HD to an SD tv.  You send compressed HD from the
backend to the frontend, which then decompresses and scales the video
into a SD signal.

How have you connected your TV to your video card?  If you're using an
S-video output or something like this, I would think this should all
be handled automatically.

If you're using component out or something like that, you might have
to configure your video card specifically for NTSC/PAL/SECAM output
depending on your TV, but it definitely should work.  A 2.4GHz P4
should be able to do this, I would expect.

Eric