[mythtv-users] Record sound using a BT848 card

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Nov 28 00:54:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 01:30:54PM -0600, Joe Henley wrote:
> >The older TV can display the higher res recordings. You just need
> >a sufficiently powerful frontend to handle the decoding. Any cheap ION
> >box is more than adequate for this.
> Really?  The FE in question has a 2.4 GHz P4.  If I feed HD thru to
> the TV, it displays garbage.  Jumpy, torn, scrolling garbage image;
> sound is similar.  Do you know of a way to feed HD to a std def TV
> successfully?

    Use a faster CPU or a better video card.

    Decoding is the really hard part.

[deletia]

    Someone else suggested an nv8400 these are cheap and adequate to
the purpose. My first VDPAU card was an nv8400. My current Myth boxes
run a variety of GPUs including nv9400, nv218 & nv430. These all handle
BluRays and HD-PVR recordings quite well.