[mythtv-users] Record sound using a BT848 card

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 06:18:58 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Joe Henley <joehenley at kc.rr.com> wrote:

> Um, guys.....  We've gone pretty far off track.  I did say,
>
>  Any thoughts, suggestions, solutions, etc. are appreciated. Thanks!
>>
> and I meant it and I really do enjoy the hardware discussion, but I'd
> prefer to not buy more hardware for what I suspect is a software problem.
> Does anyone have any suggestions related to ...?
>
>  So, I'm pretty sure the issue is only grabbing the audio when recording
>> for the BT848 card.
>>

> Thanks again.

Yeah sorry I guess many of us just think that card is too old and decrepit,
and that your approach to the problem is wrong. However, back on topic, do
you have the snd_bt87x module running? I see reference to it here
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV-Go

The other problem is that with so few people using these cards, the
institutional knowledge about how to make them work is fading...