[mythtv-users] [Q]: Tevii S480 (dual dvb-S2) support and reliability

mikkel at broerne.dk mikkel at broerne.dk
Thu Nov 29 11:42:08 UTC 2012

Well... I have just recently installed a second s480 card in my
system;Mythbuntu 10.04 mythtv 0.24 and they seem stable.

I have issues
tuning with live-tv, but this may not be caused by the cards but could
also be bad signal (50-60%), live-tv issues or the fact that I am
starving my CPU handling HD channels...

I cannot remember what SR I am
running at - can check later today and write back.

Cheers

On
29-11-2012 4:50, emmanuel ALLAUD wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am looking for a
replacement for my TBS 6921 (DVB-S2) which is dying :(
> I saw the Tevii
S480 which seems relatively cheap and AFAICT fully
> opensource (the
TBS was great but there is a binary blob which is a pain
> when you
want to upgrade your kernel).
> So my questions: is it really well
supported, especially high symbol