[mythtv-users] QAM, MythTV, and SchedulesDirect

Mike Atkinson kdx7214 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 01:27:44 UTC 2012

Okay, so following advice from someone on the list, I sent a ticket in
to SchedulesDirect.  It turns out they cannot support it because
Tribune does not get the information relating to QAM from the cable
providers.   The cable providers see it as
proprietary information and aren't willing to share.

The person who responded told me that I need to somehow associate the
channel (i.e. 23-7) with an XMLTV id number within MythTV for it to
grab scheduling data.   Anyone know how to go about this?   I've been
looking through the database but nothing has jumped out at me yet.

Thanks,
Mike