[mythtv-users] Multiple Video Storage Directories

Argus pthorn-mythu at styx2002.no-ip.org
Fri Nov 30 12:22:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012, Paul Wootton wrote:

> On 29 Nov 2012, at 20:57, Argus <pthorn-mythu at styx2002.no-ip.org> wrote:
>
> > This one is puzzling me:

   <snip>

> > So I have two configured video directories split across multiple drives
> > both mounted on the master backend.
> >
> > Is there some magic configuration that I have to set to stream
> > videos from multiple video directories? Is this a bug? Feature?
> > Complete user misunderstanding?

   <snip>

> > Application of cluebat requested.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > - Argus
>
> I've been using multiple storage groups here since 0.24 with no problems, and I'm currently also on fixes/0.26.  Might be worth checking your storage group settings for any typos, either in mythtv-setup, or by running the command
>
> select * from storagegroup;
>
> in mysql
>
> -- Paul --
> Paul Wootton
>
> ------------------------------

I forgot one last failure option:
	complete user incompetence ...

The second directory is indeed there as Paul points out. Mixed in
with the first. I must be tired. I guess I was expecting to see
both top level directories instead of the contents mixed together.
Might even be the theme doing that?

Thank you for the reply, Paul. It helped to know that it *should*
be working, at least.

Sorry for the noise.

- Argus