[mythtv-users] Programming remote button bindings (WAS: What major features are planned for 0.27?)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 30 17:31:12 UTC 2012

On 11/28/2012 02:16 PM, Mark Greenwood wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 Nov 2012 13:39:09 Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> Given what I found above, perhaps you're right about the spaces?
>> What key was mapped when you remapped your volume keys above?  Was it
>> VolumeDown, etc.?
> It said 'Volume Down'.

Sounds like it should include the space, then, and you probably created
your key bindings long ago (>5yrs ago), so you didn't get that default
mapping.

Thank you, though, for finally actually trying to map the keyboard keys
sent by the kernel driver.  It's much easier to discuss the future
direction for key binding and remote control configuration if we both
agree that remote buttons can be configured with or without LIRC (at
least for buttons that send key codes that aren't eaten by X)--that LIRC
is irrelevant to the matter--and it just comes down to whether to add
new default key bindings that will affect all current and future users
of MythTV.

Mike