[mythtv-users] Pausing issues

Robert Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 18:40:35 UTC 2012

Whenever I watch LiveTV, or watch a recording in progress, about 85% of the
time, the playback will pause for about half a sec, and then resume.
There's no notification on the screen, or any picture distortion.  This
pause occurs every 5 to 7 seconds.  At first, I thought that the mythbox
was being overloaded (I have an HD Prime that can record up to 3 channels
at once onto two physical hard drives).  However, I noticed that I can
watch an old show with no interruptions while all 3 tuners are active.  I
also discovered that the pausing issue occur even if only one tuner is
active, and I'm watching that recording in progress.

I'm not exactly sure how I should go about troubleshooting this problem, so
any suggestions are appreciated.

Mythtv-0.25 w/fixes
(2) 320GB HDs (properly reflected in the storage group)
SandyBridge Core i3 w/4GB of RAM
nVidia 520, using VDPAU for playback

-Rob