[mythtv-users] mythexport or nuvexport

Teruel deCampo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Mon Oct 1 17:22:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 09:24 -0700, Myth Steve wrote:
> I was under the impression that mythtranscode only puts out nuv
> files.

Steve,

Files encoded from a hardware MPEG encoding adapter are called .mpg and
files produced by software encoding are named .nuv
At the beginning all files were .nuv files.
The format are basically the same the names are different.
In my case for example the hd-pvr makes .mpg files. If i have a cutlist
and I want to remove it, I have to reencoded and they become .nuv files
I may be wrong but that is my impression.

-=terry=-