[mythtv-users] mysqld & mythbackend will not start automatically on restart

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:51:00 UTC 2012

On 10/02/2012 08:44 AM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> And the full command line would be:  service mysql start (or possibly service mysqd start, depending on the name of the script in /etc/init.d/)
> and service mythtv-backend start

The configuration file is /etc/init/mysql.conf, so: sudo service mysql start works.

> Fedora has a program chkconfig which can show and set the startup status of all of the services handled through /etc/init.d. I have no idea if
> it exists in Mythbuntu.

Thanks for that. *buntu, as of 12.04, has some jobs that haven't been converted to
upstart.

chkconfig isn't installed, however it can be with sudo apt-get install chkconfig.

This (for example:)

   initctl show-config mysql

looks to be its upstart counterpart and shows:

  mysql
   start on runlevel [2345]
   stop on starting rc RUNLEVEL=[016]

--