[mythtv-users] watch recordings - change group filter - Label setting

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Oct 2 17:38:34 UTC 2012

> Hi.  I recently (re)found a setting that I had forgotten about, and after
> recently reading a response about the number of settings a vs. the code
> just doing the right thing, I thought I would post the below email thread
> and ask the question:
>
> Why is this even an option?  If you change the programs to show a
> 'filtered' list, then why on earth would you ever want it to be labeled,
> "All Programs"?  Even better, why would the default be to show, "All
> Programs".

I have to agree... that is one of the first things I have to dig for
because the default makes no sense.  "All Programs" should mean ALL
PROGRAMS... if I choose to filter it to "Sports Programs" then I should see
no reference to "All Programs" anymore.

I think a sane default would be to have the filtered list heading be the
name of the filter... and be done with it... anything else can cause user
confusion.  For example, when I set up my new primary frontend, my wife
freaked out... and I do mean FREAKED OUT when she couldn't find her
favorite shows under "All Programs", I told her to press FFwd to switch
filters and all was good.  But her exact response was "that's stupid... it
says 'All Programs' it should show all of them!"