[mythtv-users] New install - No TV

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 20:06:08 UTC 2012

Hello all,

A few days ago, I set up a backend Myhtbuntu system on a HP ProLiant
Mircoserver. It has a Freecom DVB-T USB stick plugged into the back of it.

A full channel scan seems to take a LONG time (much much longer than
with my previous setup, but it's gets there in the end. It seems to find
all of the channels that I want. I have also tried manually entering
transports information and again 'seem' to get all of the channels
(eventually).

Then something seems to go wrong. I'm asked if I want to run
Mythfilldatabase (or whatever it's called), and I say yes. It seems to
just flash off of screen though. If I go to Mythweb, there's no data in
there.

Tonight, I have just installed a fresh frontend only Mythbuntu onto a
different box. All connects fine, but there's no scheduling data, and if
I click to watch TV, the screen is just black with the UI overlay
remaining on the bottom of the screen.

Can anyone tell me where to go from here? I feel so close, but something
is not right.

Thanks
Damian

PS I'm using "dvd-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw" with the USB stick. I assume
that's right, as the device shows up and at least seems to scan for the
channels ok.

PPS The guide data that I'm trying to get is via EIT. I'm in the UK if
that makes any difference.