[mythtv-users] Advanced 2X not working after system upgrade

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 01:35:52 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,
I've upgraded from Mythbuntu 10.04.3 to 12.04.1 this weekend and am no
longer able to successfully use the VDPAU advanced 2x deinterlacer.
I am using the techniques outlined in the Judder free wiki page to
synchronize refresh rates, my TV's supported modes are:
*1920x1080 at 60
*1920x1080 at 24
*1920x1080 at 23.976
*1920x1080 at 60i
*1920x1080 at 59.94
*1920x1080 at 59.94i
*1280x720 at 60

In Xorg.0.log I see the screen change to 59.94Hz when I start
playback, and can confirm with the info display on my TV and xrandr.
However, the Advanced2X deinterlacer is not working. I can see the
interlacing artifacts on the screen, and have seen at least once in
the playback log something along the lines of "monitor does not
support double framerate". The Advanced1X deinterlacer does work,
though it doesn't appear to be perfectly smooth.

Important version number:
NVIDIA driver: 304.51
Linux kernel 3.2.0-31-generic
Xorg: 1.11.3
Mythtv:  v0.25.2-31-g33c34da; compiled myself, with the only change
from fixes/0.25 being
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/21306c39/mythtv

I posted my full xorg.conf at http://pastebin.com/yM3smYbP

Any help troubleshooting would be very much appreciated.

--
Justin Johnson