[mythtv-users] OTA and attic antenna

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:42:05 UTC 2012

On 10/3/2012 12:14 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
> I am considering moving from cable to OTA and was wondering if any on
> this list would have any recommendations for an attic antenna.
>
> All of my PC TVCards are analog and it's time to move to digital. I am
> hoping to go with OTA with an attic antenna running to HDHomeRun (my
> linux box only has PCI slots, so this seems the best option) with MythTV.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc
You can greatly increase your chances of being happy with an antenna
by mounting it outdoors, the higher the better.

Placing it in an attic is really limiting to the signal. You might be ok
with
that if you have a really great signal to start with. I am about 15
miles from
most transmitters and found that in the attic just wouldn't work well enough
for me.