[mythtv-users] Add channels remotely

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Oct 4 10:40:24 UTC 2012

Josu Lazkano wrote:

>I have a MythTV backend/frontend on a remote place, and I want to make
>a new scan on actuall frequencies (there are new channels on my
>provider).
>
>How could I do that?

"ssh -X root at server"

>My internet connection is slow so I can not log in as "ssh -X root at server".

Really ? It must be *really* bad then - have you actually tried it ?
X was designed from the outset to work over slow (and potentially
laggy) links and is fairly efficient.

You might also try setting the geometry when starting mythtv-setup -
IIRC it's "--geometry 800x600" as a command line parameter. Using a
smaller window may help (dunno if the bitmap images get rescaled on
the client* or not).

* In case you don't know this, when talking about X, your PC where
the display is happening is the display server, the remote host
(MythTV backend in this case) is the client.

--
Simon Hobson