[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 0.26 Update

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 4 21:53:02 UTC 2012

On 10/04/2012 05:41 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
>>> But that wasn't caused by an issue with the control centre, it was
>>> caused by an issue with the PPA, which Mario has fixed so it won't
>>> happen again.
>>
>> Correct, but he no doubt used MCC to upgrade to 0.26.  Shouldn't there be an
>> official announcement when that "officially" works?  I'm not trying to be
>> difficult, just asking a question.
> That always officially works. Selecting 0.26 at any time will always
> get you 0.26, and will never* get you 0.27 (or anything else).
>
> * Never, because there was a bug in the build script that pulled in a
> 0.27 build which is what Mario fixed so it won't happen again. eg. The
> 0.27 PPA won't get any builds of 0.28, ever.

Meaning, AIUI, that today, when the OP gets/got his update, he will
get/got one whose --version output correctly says 0.26.  (And, in all
reality, he basically had 0.26 in all but name/--version output.)  So,
he never really got "upgraded" to the wrong branch/version--just got a
version whose --version was confusing/scary.

Mike