[mythtv-users] mythexport or nuvexport

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Oct 5 08:46:06 UTC 2012

On 04/10/2012 23:18, Martin Moores wrote:
> Running that line "/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004"
> --starttime "20120429205500" --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest"
> --outdir /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough" in the
> terminal, I get:
>
> "Failed to derive fifo formats"
>
> Which I can see in the script, but not entirely sure what it means.  The
> script has ran successfully on one of the Homeland recordings before,
> when I was testing it out, so don't think the source video is bad.

The script runs mythtranscode twice, the first time with the --fifoinfo
flag just to get a report of the recording's details, such as width
height etc. That error message above says that doing so failed. I'd
guess mythtranscode was crashing or stopping with an error. The
script should produce a log in /var/log/mytharXXXXXX. Do you have
any such files?

Cheers,
	Paul.